A Word A Week Challenge is hosted by Skinnywench from A Word in Your Ear. The challenge is to post a photograph, drawing, poem, story, quote, thought – whatever the genre you like best to describe of what that word means to you.. And this week’s theme is Flower.
Flowers are one of the most beautiful things on earth. Very few people will not love these pretty, lovely creations. My favourite flower is the Gerbera, also known as Gerbera Daisy. Gerberas symbolise purity, innocence and beauty. As they come in various colours, they also bring about a sense of cheerfulness and are excellent gifts for happy occasions.
Here’s a list of meanings of different coloured gerberas:
- Red gerberas – help exhibit the fullness of your love for your sweetheart. These beautiful flowers with their velvety petals will make for a perfect gift for your lovely beloved.
- White gerberas – are known for their cheerfulness, purity and innocence. Their soothing and comforting effect makes them perfect gifts for those feeling really down and out.
- Yellow gerberas – convey the feeling of warmth and sunshine. Also, the colour is the ultimate symbol of friendship.
- Orange gerberas – inspire creativity and vitality in the onlookers. Being a flamboyant and vibrant colour, it radiates the passionate emotions of red combined with sun-drenched feelings of yellow.
- Pink gerberas – symbolise friendship. If you wish to express feelings like compassion or respect, go for a light pink gerbera, while dark pink gerberas signify appreciation.