Ok, I’ve decided that it’s time for me to move from baking with premix to baking from scratch. I’ve wanted to use up the cake flour that I bought for the mooncake recipe, so I started searching for recipes that use cake flour on YouTube. I came across Ochikeron’s channel. She has many video demos on baking and making bento sets and other Japanese food. I saw a Banana Milo Muffins recipe and decided to try baking Milo Muffins. I simplified the recipe by replacing the banana with chocolate chips and the muffins still turn out well! 😀
Chocolate Chips Milo Muffins
Servings: 8 large muffins or 42 mini muffins
- 100 g of unsalted butter (softened)
- 100 g of sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 150 mL of milk (room temperature)
- 200 g of cake flour
- 60 g of Milo
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- some chocolate chips
- Cream the butter. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Sift half of the cake flour into the mixture. Sift in the Milo and baking powder too.
- Mix well. Then add milk.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Preheat the cupcake/muffin maker.
- Place the muffin cups in the maker and fill them about 4/5 full.
- Close the lid and heat for 5-6 minutes.
You can sprinkle the top with more chocolate chips when you fill the muffin cups with the mixture. Just for that extra bit of chocolatey taste! 😉
- My butter was too soft as I left it in the open for too long. Next time, I must remember to start using it when it is slightly soft to the touch.
- I overbeat the eggs when I used the mixer/blender (wanted to cut down on time :P) and the mixture starts to cuddle! Luckily, I stopped the mixer/blender in time and quickily moved on to add the dry ingredients.