I’ve realised that there are some eggs, butterhead lettuce and celery left in my fridge that were 1 week old. So, I’ve decided to make some egg mayonnaise sandwich for breakfast.
Here are the simple steps to making egg mayo sandwiches. Sorry for not able to give specific amount of ingredients needed as I just prepare according to taste.
Egg Mayonnaise Sandwiches
- 6 large eggs
- 5 – 6 stalks of celery (diced)
- mayonnaise (as much as you like)
- pinch of salt
- butterhead lettuce
- wholemeal bread
- Boil the eggs in a saucepan. Remove from heat once it’s boiling. Cover and let them sit for 8 min.
- Transfer the eggs to a pot of cold water. Let the eggs sit for about 30 min.
- When the eggs are cool, drain the water and peel the eggs.
- Place the hard-boiled eggs into a large bowl. Mash them with a fork and spoon.
- Add some mayonnaise, then add the celery. Stir.
- Add more mayonnaise if needed and some salt to taste.
- Place a piece of lettuce on a slice of bread. Scoop some egg mayo salad onto the lettuce. Cover with another slice of bread and cut the sandwich into half.
- Place the sandwich in the fridge for a while for better taste.
Here’s a video that I’ve found on teaching us how to boil eggs perfectly.