On Tuesday night, I decided to prepare my own lunch to bring to office for the next day as I’ve need to go recording during lunch time. Another reason was that I wanted to use up the broccoli that I’ve bought on Sunday. After taking peep into the fridge, I discovered I had shrimp and tomato sauce too. So, shrimp and broccoli my lunch shall be! 😉
Here are the steps to making shrimp and tomato spaghetti.
Shrimp and Broccoli Spaghetti
- 4 to 5 shrimps
- tomato herbal sauce
- about 50 g of spaghetti (for 1 person)
- onion (used only half)
- olive oil
- Boil the broccoli for 2-3 minutes. Then drain with a colander and rinse under cold water to refresh the vegetable.
- Cook the spaghetti. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and add salt. Next, add the spaghetti and stir for the first 2 minutes. Place the lid back to bring back to a boil. Then, remove the lid and cook for 9-11 minutes, stirring occasionally. Finally, drain the spaghetti.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and fry until onion is soft.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir. Bring it to a boil and leave to simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the prawns. Cover and leave to simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and add broccoli.