Today is my birthday and I’ve decided to cook my very first Chinese meal for my family. I’ve planned the dishes for lunch yesterday and woke up early to go to the market to get the ingredients. The whole morning was spent on preparing the dishes and I must say it’s great way to spend my birthday (since I don’t usually cook). 😛
So, how do the dishes look like? Here you go!
Not very fantastic looking but the taste is not bad for a beginning. LOL The only thing I want to improve on would be the steam egg and minced meat dish. As I mixed the minced meat into a patty, it was actually a bit tough when we ate it. Next time I shall remember not to mix it into a patty!
Here’s the recipes! 🙂
Boiled Broccoli and Carrot
- carrot (sliced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Put in the carrot and boil until it’s soft.
- Add the broccoli and boil for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the vegetables and carrot over a sieve to drain the water.
- Place on a dish.
- Mix the seasoning together and pour over the vegetables. Mix well.
Grilled Salmon (Air Fryer)
- 3-4 salmon fillet
- garlic powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- fresh lemon juice (freshly squeezed from 1 large lemon)
- Season the fillets with salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic powder.
- Stir the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, oil and lemon juice together until the sugar dissolves.
- Marinate the salmon in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 oC for 5 minutes.
- Put in the fillets and set timer for 8-14 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. (You can set to 8 minutes first and put back to fry again later.)
Steam egg with Minced Meat
- minced meat
- 3 eggs
- spring onion
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing Huadiao wine
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce (light)
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce (dark)
- Add the wine, soy sauces, salt and pepper to the minced meat.
- Cut the spring onion into smaller pieces. (I used a scissors 😛 )
- Beat the eggs.
- Pour the eggs into the seasoned meat.
- Add spring onion.
- Steam for about 8 minutes.