Today friends whom I’ve known since Primary and Secondary schools finally visited my place after I’ve moved in for one year!
I’ve promised to cook lunch for them and prepared 3 simple dishes for them namely Pesto Salmon Spaghetti, Rosemary Chicken with Orange Maple Glaze and Pumpkin Spinach Salad.
Pesto Salmon Spaghetti
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- garlic powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Pesto sauce
- 200g spaghetti
- olive oil
- Season the fillets with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir the brown sugar, water and oil together until the sugar dissolves.
- Marinate the salmon in a sealed bag, in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and add salt. Next, add spaghetti and stir for the first 5 minutes. Place the lid back to bring back to a boil. Then, remove the lid and cook for 9-12 minutes (depending on the instructions on the pacakaging), stirring occasionally.
- Drain the spaghetti.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic powder and fry till there’s a fragrant smell.
- Add spaghetti and fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add pesto sauce and fry for another 3-5 minutes. Then plate it.
- Preheat the air fryer at 200 oC for 5 minutes.
- Put in the fillets and set the timer for 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Fry till lightly browned.
- Place the fillets on top of the spaghetti.