I went through a tough period a few weeks ago. My boss and a colleague had been kind and understanding towards my situation, so I wanted to bake something for them. I wanted to bake orange muffins for them but due to unforeseen circumstances, I have to change the plan to baking Chewy Chocolate Cookies.
Sorry for the lack of a better photo!
Here’s the recipe, taken from the packaging of Reese Peanut Butter Chips with some modifications. Have fun! 😉
Chewy Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips
Servings: 54 cookies
- 2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cups of unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2-1/2 sticks of salted butter (softened)
- 2 cups of sugar (can reduce by 10-20% if you think is too much!)
- 2 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups of peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Stir the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in mixing bowl with mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture in 3 batches, beating well after each batch.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Line a baking tray with baking sheet. Drop the batter onto the sheet with a teaspoon.
- Bake 8-9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft.)
- Cool slightly, then remove from sheet to cool on wire rack to cook completely.