My family usually buys grocery during Chinese New Year period to cook on our own. On normal days, we eat out. As a result, there are many ingredients left after the 2 days of holidays which need to be cleared. So, I decided to come up with my own seasoning and prepared soy sauce chicken thighs for my dinner.
To my surprise the chicken thighs came out of the air fryer looking good and tasting juicy. Usually, my food is either good-looking or tasty, never both! 😛
Here’s the recipe! 🙂
Soy Sauce Chicken Thigh with Rosemary
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Ground Allspice
- some rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tbsp salt
*I estimated most of the condiments instead of using a measuring spoon. The measurement given above is a reference only.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, spice powder and rosemary in a bowl. Mix well.
- Place the chicken thighs into the bowl. Turn to coat with marinate. Leave the chicken to marinate while preparing the broccoli.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and then add salt.
- Add the broccoli and blanch for 3-4 minutes depending on the amount of broccoli.
- Take out the broccoli and place in iced water to stop the cooking.
- Place the broccoli on a serving plate.
- Place the chicken thighs in an air fryer. Fry at 180 oC for about 15 minutes. Remember to place the skin side up if your chicken thighs come with skin.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the air fryer and place on the serving plate.